In this area, you have the option to customise existing fuel rates or add your own.
1. From Admin, click Mileage and Fuel Rates.
2. Navigate to the bottom table. If you want to edit existing fuel rates click Edit next to the fuel rate.
3. Only the Fuel Rate and the Tax rate can be changed for existing Vehicle Details. If you want to set up a new Fuel Type or Engine Size click New Vehicle Details.
4. On the Details tab, change the Tax Rate, if applicable.
5. On the Fuel Rates tab, click on + Add New Rate and add the Effective Date and Rate (per mile) in the relevant fields.
Please note: In the event a mileage expense is dated before the oldest fuel rate, the oldest rate will be used.
Please note: In order to calculate the VAT on mileage you will also have to navigate to the Cars and Vans mileage rate and ensure that Calculate VAT is ticked.
7. Once you're happy, click Update to update the Fuel Rate to your account.
If you would like to add your own Fuel Rate you can click New Fuel Rate and follow from step 4 above.
If you would like to the check the latest advisory fuel rates, provided by HMRC, you can do this by visiting the HMRC website here.