When updating category data, we recommend using the import option available in the categories section in the admin area.
The maximum number of records/categories is 10,000 per CSV file import.
1. Ensure Tax Rates are set up.
File must be .csv.
Column headers are required for data fields that need updating. Header names are space and case insensitive.
If the file does not contain the required data fields, the whole CSV file will be rejected.
If the file contains any extra headers not recognised, the whole CSV file will be rejected.
If an existing category is found with the same name, the existing category is updated.
If any data field on a record has an error, the record is skipped, and processing moves onto the next record.
1. Navigate to Categories and click the Import button.
2. Click Browse and select the CSV file containing the categories data.
Set Test Mode to Yes if you wish to test the data file for any issues before importing directly to the Account.
Click View Full Details in the File Processing Complete banner to view the test import detail results.
A processed test mode email notification will be sent to you with a summary of the test results.
3. Click the Import button.
4. Click View Full Details in the File Processing Complete banner to view the test import Details.
New records - number of new categories created.
Updated records - number of existing categories changed.
Skipped records - use the feedback given for each skipped record to make corrections to the record before importing again.
5. Check the processed file email notification sent to you matches the import record totals.
If an unexpected error occurs, please contact email@example.com for help and guidance.