Please note: Support from your colleagues in IT is required to complete the connection set up to an SFTP tool.
Before using the inbound file delivery feature to manage your user, department, project, user group, approval flow, company car or supplier data changes, you will need to add and configure the inbound file delivery option to the Admin area's Integration section.
Before enabling the file delivery, please download and read the full import specification for your required data import:
Please note: User Group and Approval Flow imports are available for new data only. Existing User Groups and Approval Flows will not be updated and will be skipped during the import process.
Add Data Sync inbound file delivery
1. Click on the File Delivery tab.
2. Click the New Inbound button.
3. Select either the User Sync, Department Sync, Project Sync, User Group Sync, Approval Flow Sync, Company Car Sync or Supplier Sync option in the New Inbound File Delivery box and click +Add to my account.
Enter configuration settings
1. Click the Actions button on the new Inbound User, Project, User Group or Approval Flow Sync and click Configure.
2. In the Edit Inbound File Delivery box, click the Expected File Frequency dropdown on the Notifications tab and select a Frequency Option.
The frequency selected must be in line with the expected CSV file delivery of the project data.
Setting the expected file frequency means ExpenseIn will notify all users with Admin permission via email if a CSV file is not received when expected.
3. Click on the Connection tab.
4. Copy the SFTP URL plus uniquely generated Username and Password details to your SFTP tool.
Please enter the specific IP Address or IP Addresses in the Allowed IP Addresses (option) box if you want to restrict the allowed source IP Addresses for this connection.
We accept individual IP Addresses and IP Address ranges hyphen separated, either IPv4 or IPv6.
5. Review the Notifications and Connection information, and if happy, click the Update button to save the information and complete the Data Sync configuration.
We recommend testing by kicking off the file delivery process manually. Drop a test CSV file into the remote site area in the SFTP tool before the first frequency date. If the word 'Test' is in the CSV file's filename, the system picks up the CSV file, but it will not action any changes.
If your IT team has any issues when following the steps in this help article, please contact ExpenseIn's Support team via live chat or email at email@example.com.