If you haven't added a CSV export format to your account yet from the Admin area, you will need to do this before you can export your expenses. Please have a look at our Add Export Formats help article before continuing.
1. When you are ready to export your expenses, navigate to the Finance area.
Please note - If you are looking to import your CSV file into an accounting package, we recommend exporting to CSV from the Approved section only and ticking Marked as Paid/Reconciled when doing so. This will stop you from importing the same expenses to your accounting package more than once.
2. From the Approved section, select the relevant section for the type of expenses you wish to export.
3. Select the expenses you would like to export to CSV by selecting individually or tick the Select All check box.
Make use of the available filters to help find the expenses you need.
4. Click the Export dropdown and choose either Export All or Export Selected.
5. Give your export file a Report Name.
6. Choose a desired export format from the Format drop-down listing all available CSV Export Formats setup in the Admin area of your account.
7. Select a required File Destination. This can be a regular download to your browser or a configured outbound file delivery.
8. Tick the Mark as paid or Mark as reconciled box should you want to mark the exported expenses as Paid or Reconciled. These will be marked as Completed at the same time, when the Advanced Setting Auto complete paid, billed and reconciled expenses is enabled.
9. Tick Include receipts if you require a downloaded copy of the receipts attached to the expenses you are exporting.
10. Click the Export button and your CSV file download will begin shortly.