Purchase type expenses are the only type of expenses that have the split function option. The split function is not available for personal car mileage, company car mileage and time expenses.
Please note: You must first create your draft expense in order to split it. You'll also need to use the ExpenseIn web portal to use this function.
Follow the steps below to split a draft purchase expense:
Click on the draft expense you wish to split and click the Split button.
2. Decide if you would like to:
Click +Add Split to manually create the Split.
Click +Auto Split to allow the system to split the original draft expense amount evenly for you, based on the number of Splits entered.
Clicked +Add Split
3. Click on Split 2 and add a description.
4. Change the category, project, gross amount or VAT for the split.
You can also change the department if your Finance Team has given you permission to do so.
5. Click +Add Split if another split is required and repeat steps 3 and 4 for each new split added.
6. Click Create and the Split expenses will be created.
Clicked +Auto Split
3. Enter the number of splits you would like to create in the auto split box and click OK.
4. Click on each split to change the description, category, department, project or VAT for each split.
5. Click Create and the split draft expenses will be created.