Just like creating expense policies, you can create a dedicated invoice policy within the Admin area. Set the invoice rules to handle routine checks on invoices and purchase requests.
Please note - Selecting the Block option for rules will mean some invoices will be blocked from being submitted in the system.
Block - Can not be submitted if the invoice breaks the rule.
Warn - Review the system warning and click the Continue button if happy to proceed despite the system warning.
Report - No warnings are displayed to the submitter but are visible to the approver and finance users.
Create an invoice policy
1. From Admin, click Policies.
2. Click on the Invoices tab and then the New Policy button.
3. On the Details tab, give the policy a name. Adding a description is optional but can be useful when editing rules in the future.
Enable auto-approve so that invoices assigned to a purchase request skip the approval process after the invoice has been submitted.
4. Navigate to the Invoices tab to turn on the rules that will be of benefit:
5. Navigate to the Purchase Requests tab to turn on the rules that will be of benefit:
6. Review the rules on both the Invoices and Purchase Requests tab. Once you are happy, click the Create button.
Once created, an invoice policy should be assigned to the suppliers added in the Finance area of the Invoicing module.