Just like creating expense policies, you can create a dedicated invoice policy within the Admin area. Set the invoice rules to handle routine checks on invoices and purchase requests.
Please note - Selecting the Block option for rules will mean some invoices will be blocked from being submitted in the system.
Block - Can not be submitted if the invoice breaks the rule.
Warn - Review the system warning and click the Continue button if happy to proceed despite the system warning.
Report - No warnings are displayed to the submitter but are visible to the approver and finance users.
Create or edit an invoice policy
1. From Admin, click Policies.
2. Click on the Invoices tab and then the New Policy button to create a new policy or the Edit button to edit an existing policy.
3. On the Details tab, give the policy a name. Adding a description is optional but can be useful when editing rules in the future.
Enable auto-approve so that invoices assigned to a purchase request skip the approval process after the invoice has been submitted.
4. Navigate to the Invoices tab to turn on the rules that will be of benefit:
5. Navigate to the Purchase Requests tab to turn on the rules that will be of benefit:
6. Review the rules on both the Invoices and Purchase Requests tab. Once you are happy, click the Create button.
Assign a policy to your suppliers
Once created, an invoice policy should be assigned to the suppliers that have been added.
In the Invoicing module, navigate to the Finance section.
Go to the Suppliers section and choose the suppliers you want to assign an invoice policy to, by selecting them (tick the box next to their name).
Click the Actions dropdown and select Change Policy.
Select the policy you wish to assign from the dropdown list.
Alternatively, you can individually click Edit next to each Supplier and select the policy there.