This functionality is very handy for any invoices or receipts that your receive via email - Great for those hotel and train bookings!
1. You simply need to forward emailed receipts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. You can set the memo of your expense by adding this as the subject.
3. Once your receipt has been added to your account you will get an email notification.
4. ExpenseIn will scan your emailed receipts and they will reside in your Unattached Receipts area.
How does the feature work?
- ExpenseIn will look for PDF file attachments or, if there are no attachments, will automatically convert the body of the email into a PDF document.*
*Screenshots or other embedded images of receipts should not be e-mailed in this way and will not appear in the created PDF file. They should be uploaded from your computer or by using one of our mobile apps to take a photo.
- The system will add the receipt(s) to your account by recognising your registered ExpenseIn email address.
Important Information: ExpenseIn's email-to-receipt feature is limited to 10 PDF attachments per email. Filenames must only include alphanumeric characters such as A-Z and 0-9. In addition, underscores and dashes are accepted.
Adding alternative email addresses
You may want to register a number of additional email addresses to send your receipts from. This can be useful if you receive emailed receipts to your personal email address.
- Navigate to the cog in top right-hand side of your account.
- Choose My Profile.
- Select Alternative Email Addresses from the list.
- Click New Email Address and add the email address.
- Once added, ExpenseIn will send you an email asking you to verify your alternative email address.