When your company card statement is imported into ExpenseIn the system will look to see if it can match any receipts from your unattached folder or any draft company card expenses manually created.
For more information on the matching process please see our guide on Matching Rules for Imported Expenses.
Imported expenses are shown by the credit card Icon next to them, in the Draft area, and your company will likely have a policy rule in place stopping you from submitting any company card expense that has not been imported.
This means that if you have manually created a card expense that has not matched to the imported transaction, from the statement, you will have two draft expenses for the same thing but you will only be able to submit the imported expense.
Please follow the steps in this article to merge an imported incomplete company card expense with a manually created company card expense.
Please Note: Purchase method and currency type must match on both the manually created draft expense and the imported draft expense for the system to allow the merge process to occur. The following information is never copied when using the merge tool:
- Expense date
- Purchase amount
1. Click on the incomplete company card expense and click on the Merge button.
2. A list of eligible expenses will be displayed:
3. Click on the expense to merge into the incomplete company card expense, taking note of the message in blue that states 'the chosen expense will be deleted once merged'. When ready, click on the Merge button.
4. A final confirmation will be displayed:
5. The expense selected to merge has now been deleted and the expense information copied into the company card expense and it is now no longer marked as incomplete.
6. After merging any applicable expenses, if you still have incomplete draft company card expenses, you will need to manually update them.