Complete a controlled test by posting 2 - 5 expenses from the Finance area to Sage 50. We recommend test posting a reimbursable and company card purchase method expenses and a mileage type of expense.
If you have any billable expenses, mark them as Billed separately before completing the test posting from the Reconcilable or Reimbursable sections in Approved. Billed expenses must always be exported to CSV file ready for you to bill on to a third party.
1. When you are ready to post the Approved expenses, navigate to the Approved section and click in the relevant section for the type of expenses, you wish to post.
2. Select the expenses for posting by selecting them individually or by ticking the Select All checkbox.
- System filters are available to help you find the expenses needed.
3. Click the Export dropdown button and choose either Export All or Export Selected.
4. Click on the Sage 50 option in the Export Expenses box.
- All expenses will be moved to the Completed section in the Finance area once the posting has been started. If any expenses are not moved, please check the billable section and complete manually.
5. Click the button Export
6. Click the Export History link in the posting total message box to view the Pending posting status.
6. Check the expenses in a pending state on the Postings tab, in Export History in the Imports and Export section.
Pending postings can be cancelled from the Export History section. Postings can only be cancelled if all of the transactions in that posting are of pending status.
- Click on the Pending posting line
- Check all transactions are in a pending state
- Click the Cancel Posting button
Once cancelled, make any mapping configuration changes required and retry postings by clicking on the Retry Failed Records button, found in place of the Cancel Posting button.
If expense transaction data needs changing do not use the Retry Failed Records button. You will need to move the completed expense data back to the Approved section to make the edit to the completed expense, once the changes are made export and process the expenses as a new posting.
1. Ensure you are logged out of Sage 50, and then double click to open the ExpenseIn Integration Connector for Sage 50 from your desktop.
2. Click Post Expenses
- Wait for the expense data to be processed
3. Close the connector by clicking the X, found top-right, and check for the successful postings in Sage 50.
- The Finance user processing the posting will receive a confirmation of the posting summary details.
4. In the ExpenseIn web portal, Refresh the Postings and you will see the green Completed status.
- Click on the Posting to expand to see the expense details.
If your test posting failed for any reason this will be idenitifed with a red Failed status.
If you have any queries regarding posting expenses to Sage 50 please contact us via Live Chat or by emailing email@example.com