If you need to add users in bulk or require changes to several existing users, we recommend using the import tool.
The maximum number of records/users is 10,000 per CSV file import.
1. Enter and save default users settings in Advanced Settings: New Users tab
2. Check the Advanced Settings: Account tab to see if the user references must be unique setting is ticked on. If so, ensure all users references are populated and unique.
4. Set up any user groups needed for assigning to users.
File must be .csv.
Column headers are required for data fields that need updating. Header names are space and case insensitive.
If the file does not contain the required data fields, the whole CSV file will be rejected.
If the file contains any extra headers not recognised, the whole CSV file will be rejected.
If an existing user is found with the same email address, the existing user is updated.
If any data field on a record has an error, the record is skipped and processing moves onto the next record.
1. Navigate to Users and click the Import button.
2. Click Browse and select the CSV file created with all new users.
Set Test Mode to Yes if you wish to test the data file for any issues before importing directly to the Account.
Click View Full Details in the File Processing Complete banner to view the details of the test import.
A processed test mode email notification will be sent to you with a summary of the test results.
3. Click the Import button.
4. Click the View Full Details in the File Processing Complete banner to view the import Details results.
New records - number of new users created.
Updated records - number of existing users changed.
Skipped records - use the feedback given for each skipped record to make corrections to the record before importing again.
5. Check the processed file email notification sent to you matches the import record totals.
6. Manually edit Settings for any user profiles requiring additional permissions or a change to the Default User Settings.
Please Note: New Link Users must be manually added to each linked ExpenseIn Account and cannot be imported.
If an unexpected error occurs, please contact email@example.com for help and guidance.