Users will be able to use the Ad Hoc module once they have completed the registration process. To register prospective users, you can pre-register them in the Pre-Registrations area using the Import tool.
Please note: To be able to pre-register your Ad Hoc users, you must ensure that 'Allow Self-Registration' is turned on under Ad Hoc Settings; only Admin users can turn this setting on.
File must be .csv.
Column headers are required for data fields that need updating. Header names are space and case insensitive.
If the file does not contain the required data fields, the whole CSV file will be rejected.
If the file contains any extra headers not recognised, the whole CSV file will be rejected.
If an existing user is found with the same email, the user will be updated.
If any data field on a record has an error, the record is skipped, and processing moves onto the next record.
The maximum number of records/users is 10,000 per CSV file import.
Please note: Before completing an Ad Hoc user import, please download and read the full Pre-Registration Ad Hoc User Specification. You can also download a Pre-Registration Ad Hoc User Template CSV file if required.
1. Navigate to the Manage Ad Hoc Users tab on the menu banner. This may be named something unique to your company.
2. Click Preregistrations on the left hand menu.
3. Click Import to add your users.
4. Click Browse and select your CSV file from your device, then select Import.
Note: Always use Test Mode to ensure you are importing the data correctly. After your file has been tested, click the View Full Details in the File Processing Complete banner to view the Import File Details results.
New records - number of new users created.
Updated records - number of existing users changed.
Skipped records - use the feedback given for each skipped record to make corrections to the users before importing the file again.
If an unexpected error occurs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help and guidance.
5. Check the processed file email notification sent to you matches the import record totals.
6. Once you have successfully tested your pre-registrations import, import your pre-registrations with Test Mode disabled.
7. When your CSV file is imported, you will receive a confirmation message on the page.
Your users will now be able to register via your subdomain. You can also view the status of your pre-registrations on this page.