The mileage log has been designed for users who have a company vehicle. ExpenseIn is able to work out the private mileage which can then be deducted from your expenses or paid back to the employer.
The system will look at the start and end odometer readings, as well as the business journeys entered to calculate the negative value which represents your private mileage.
- Click the Mileage Log icon.
2. By default, the date and the description will be populated for you. You can amend these to reflect your preferred date and description.
3. Your vehicle will have been created for you by your account administrator (unless they give you permission to do this yourself).
4. You should enter the start odometer reading from your vehicle. Don't enter the end odometer reading yet as you will need to do this at the end of the month.
5. You can attach fuel receipts to your claim by tapping the receipt icon.
6. Tap the red Journey icon.
7. By default, the date will be today's date but you can change it.
8. You should enter a description for your business journey.
9. You should enter the From and To journeys.
Please note: You can enter locations or you may want to add in postcodes instead (especially if this is part of your company's policy).
ExpenseIn uses Google maps to calculate the distance for you. This can be changed by manually amending the distance.
Click Add to add the journey to your log.
You can remove, duplicate, or add a return for that journey by tapping the journey.
10. You can add more journeys to your log by clicking the red Journey icon. This will open up the Journey screen.
Please note: You only need to create one log for each month. You will add all of your journeys throughout the month to this log.
Once you have added your journeys for that session, you can click Save. The log will then reside in your Draft area where you can continue to add more journeys to it throughout the month.
11. When you are ready to submit your mileage claim you should input your end odometer and click Save.