If you need to add Ad Hoc users in bulk or require changes to several existing users, we recommend using the import tool.
File must be .csv.
Column headers are required for data fields that need updating. Header names are space and case insensitive.
If the file does not contain the required data fields, the whole CSV file will be rejected.
If the file contains any extra headers not recognised, the whole CSV file will be rejected.
If an existing user is found with the same email address, the existing user is updated.
If any data field on a record has an error, the record is skipped, and processing moves onto the next record.
The maximum number of records/users is 10,000 per CSV file import.
Import Ad Hoc Users
1. Navigate to the Manage Ad Hoc Users tab on the menu banner. This may be named something unique to your company.
2. Click Users on the left hand menu.
3. Click Import to add your users.
4. Click Browse and select your CSV file from your device, then select Import.
Note: Always use Test Mode to ensure you are importing the data correctly. After your file has been tested, click the View Full Details in the File Processing Complete banner to view the Import File Details results.
New records - number of new users created.
Updated records - number of existing users changed.
Skipped records - use the feedback given for each skipped record to make corrections to the users before importing the file again.
If an unexpected error occurs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help and guidance.
5. Check the processed file email notification sent to you matches the import record totals.
6. Once you have successfully tested your user import, import your Ad Hoc users with Test Mode disabled.
7. When your CSV file is imported, you will receive a confirmation message on the page.
Once your users are invited, they will be able to complete the invitation process and access the Ad Hoc module.